(Senior) Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
About xbird / Über xbird
xbird offers the leading AI solution to personalize therapies for better results. Especially in diabetes therapy the progression and impact on each person depending on a variety of factors. Thus each person should be treated according to an individual’s lifestyle. The algorithms developed by xbird can record the behavior and lifestyle of patients using smartphones and other wearables. The collected data is converted into personalized recommendations by means of machine learning in compliance with the strictest data protection standards. This smart support can ensure continuous, reliable, and individual care for patients on the way to a healthier life while providing medical professionals with long-term health data for the best care possible.
The position / Stellenbeschreibung
We are looking as of now for a (Senior) Compliance Officer (f/m/d) to bring compliance at xbird to the next level. You will be responsible for all aspects of GDPR compliance, maintain our ISO 27001 framework, and head the implementation of future certification processes (e.g. ISO 13485 & medical device regulations). Key responsibilities are:
- Manage and execute all compliance-related topics at xbird.
- Take over the role of the Information Security Officer per the ISO27001 standard.
- Maintain and further develop xbird’s compliance systems to ensure operation in accordance with German and European legislation.
- Make sure existing processes and protocols are followed, maintain and update written documentation.
- Oversee and develop xbird’s compliance KPIs and its regular reporting to Management.
- Prepare and perform team training and maintain a library for team members.
- Remain up to date on federal and state laws to update policies accordingly.
- Prepare and run monthly, quarterly and annual meetings of the compliance team.
- Review policies and processes regularly and update accordingly.
- Supervise the introduction of new processes and tools to work effectively.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams and contribute to the core team’s decision-making.
Who are we looking for? / Diese Talente erwarten wir
- 3+ years experience in risk management or compliance roles.
- Great attention to detail in order to identify and manage risks.
- Strong knowledge of industry protocols and best practices.
- Strong communication skills, capable of expressing yourself clearly written and orally.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a compliance certification.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents/policies.
- Open to collaborative approaches and be open to suggestions from team members.
- Strong organizational skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Be familiar with German and European EU policies and quickly find your way into new topics.
- You have excellent English communication skills and solid knowledge of German.
- Solid knowledge of project management (tools) and high proficiency in MS Excel.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment.
About you: / Über dich:
- You are a driven and passionate personality who wants to make a difference.
- You want to spend your time with an experienced and interdisciplinary team to pursue a common goal.
- You believe in our vision to improve lives with technology.
- You are smart, hardworking, and willing to go the extra step to solve problems - but you also have a creative mindset and a tendency to think outside the box to face complex situations.
- You are an open personality with a growth mindset and willing to work in a fast start-up changing environment.
Why join us? / Wir bieten dir:
- You will become part of a highly professional and motivated team.
- You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating, and inspiring environment.
- You will have a competitive salary with equity options.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- You will get invaluable insights into the digital health industry.
We offer you to get in on the ground level of one of Berlin’s most exciting companies with a management team that has already built and successfully exited numerous ventures. We have flat hierarchies, flexible home office options and, if the current situation allows it, offer regular meetups after work. You will be part of a dynamic and thriving team that works on things that matter. Join our journey!
For any other questions, you can contact us anytime at email@example.com.
Data Privacy Notice